Cotton textile material industry in India

Cotton textile material industry in India

Evergreen history

Being the oldest One Cotton textile material history goes back to a huge spread of more than a century. Earlier even before the mills came into existence, India was profoundly recognized for the amazing quality of cotton fabrics and talking about the current scene? India still holds a no 1 position as the house for handlooms and Important foreign exchange as well. 

More than 20 % of domestic needs in India is met by its handloom industry and the rest of the per cent is shared by power loom even today. the mill sector whereas is at the ratio of 11.4.

Let’s talk about export

Geographically cotton textile industry in India is spread quite enormously and contributes equally in all the cotton yarn export-related benefits to India. Spinning being continued in states like Maharashtra Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, the weaving technique is highly decentralized.

The biggest cotton and linen suppliers in India are from Phuleshwar West Bengal having a capacity of 6,500 spindles. 1000 amongst which are for dry and others for wet spun. For home linen or cotton, mostly spun grey or bleach yarn is used. As it is already being discussed India being the largest suppliers in cotton textile material one may find suppliers easily in the overall country spreadsheet.

And as of the announcements of 30th September 2013, around 1900 cotton textile mills in India exists amongst which 18% comprises of private making the other 82%as public and co-operative sectors.

Advantages of Cotton Textile Material Industry in India

  • Ideal for all seasons. Cotton has the ability to keep you cool on summer days and provide comfortable insulation on a cold winter day. Cotton is an all-weather textile –leading its supply and demand always in the boom in the over-all market providing an evergreen running of the cotton textile industry. 
  • Less toxic and easy manufacturing processes makes working with cotton as fibre yarn and fabric altogether smooth and beneficial.
  • Expensive to affordable, the cotton textile is worth the expenditure in terms of comfort it provides so why not spend in something sustainable then on something cheap?
  • Versatile in use cotton is used in a blend for making a lot of clothing fabric, including denim, the woven fabric also canvases and damask ultimately leading to the beneficiary working of the cotton textile material industry as it can be used to complete the secondary demand if not the primary though.
  • India also have an advantage because the textile industry here is labour intensive and being the third-largest producer of cotton with an area as vast as possible under cotton cultivation in the world, makes India a low edge with cost in cotton sourcing compared to other countries.

Conclusion

At present Indian cotton textile material, the industry is one of the largest and important sectors that contributes the economy in terms of foreign exchange earnings. the textile industry also has the potential to grow further and achieve new heights in a globalized economy.

Also, according to the new textile policies cotton textile industry would be made available in adequate quantities for reasonable pricing in near future.

Technology has to be multi-directional in India when compared to other countries, and rising in various stages of technological evolvement human factor has created a special pattern of activities and long-lasting employment.

Leave a Reply

whatsapp
Enquire Now

Enquire Now